Queensmill School is committed to ensuring staff possess the skills needed to meet the very discrete needs of our pupils, through a range of appropriate training.
The robust and comprehensive training provides staff opportunities for their own professional development in their knowledge of autism, specific subject/curriculum knowledge and other relevant knowledge related to creating an appropriate education and environment for children and young people with autism.
The training and development at Queensmill focuses on two main areas:
Providing a focused and up to date knowledge of autism and best practices for working with children and young people with autism
Providing a focussed and up to date knowledge of subject areas/curriculum and current educational strategies
Safeguarding and Autism
- Induction Training
- Autism Awareness Training
- Safeguarding and Child Protection Training
- So Safe
- Team Teach – physical intervention training
- Sensory Integration Training
- Intensive Interaction
Curriculum and Current Educational Strategies
- Regular subject moderation meetings
- Ongoing training in subject areas and curriculum – where possible also related to Autism and Special Needs
- Opportunities to observe other settings related to subject areas/curriculum
- Subject leader monitoring and feedback
- Assessment procedures, Onwards and Upwards
Princess Royal Award Training
Queensmill School was awarded the Princess Royal Training Award on the 25th November 2016 at a ceremony at St James’s Palace in London in recognition of our commitment to training and development of the Autism Training Program.
Queensmill School was one of 34 organisations honoured with a Princess Royal Training Award. The winners, including prestigious car manufacturers, healthcare organisations and charities, all demonstrated that training can make a significant impact on productivity and business success.
The Princess Royal Training Awards were delivered for the first time this year by the City & Guilds Group. Each of the 110 applications was assessed against three Hallmarks of Excellence and the Princess Royal Training Awards Commission, which comprised HRH The Princess Royal and ten leading figures in the business and learning & development community.
The Princess Royal Training Awards is a new honour for employers in the UK who have created outstanding training and skills development programmes which have resulted in exceptional commercial benefits. The Princess Royal Training Awards recognise the achievement of a standard of excellence rather than selecting overall winners (City and Guilds 2016)
The awards are supported by The City & Guilds Group President, HRH The Princess Royal, who is an active advocate for skills development.
Applications were assessed against three Hallmarks of Excellence:
- Training and learning and development is integral to business performance
- The programme is delivered efficiently and effectively
- The programme has an impact on the success of the organisation and its people
For more information, please visit www.princessroytaltrainigawards.com